In honor of National Pie Day (January 23rd) I’ve com-pie-led all the best places to get a slice of the action in Southeast Idaho!
(Plus…I may have gotten a little preoccu-pie-d with the puns!)
You’ve never seen somebody crying and eating pie at the same time…that’s all I’m saying! I know people all have their opinions on what the best dessert is, and believe me, the #struggleisreal! Alas, I find myself in the category of people that LOVE PIE! My husband, however, is not the biggest fan. He won’t turn down a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie, and absolutely loves most cupcakes and gourmet cheesecakes, but he’s not one to reach for a slice of pie. Not me. In fact, it is probably in my top 3 for favorite desserts ever! Especially fruit pie (what beats a peach pie in the summer?)! However, and here is where I go off the beaten path, please hold the ice cream. There…I said it. I don’t love ice cream. I’ll gladly swap for a softball-sized scoop of homemade whipped cream though! (I can feel the haters hating…but I feel liberated just for speaking my truth!)
So, whether you love your pie with or without ice cream, here is a list of the best places to get your pie on in Southeast Idaho!
- La Vanilla Bean | 489 Park Ave
- Carstens’ Bakery | 243 Cliff Street
- City Bagels + Bakery | 369 Shoup Ave
- Perkins Restauraunt + Bakery | 2000 Channing Way
- Rusty Lantern Diner | 1330 W. Broadway
- Shari’s Cafe + Pies | 1330 W. Broadway
- Black Bear Diner | 1610 E. 17th Street
- Smitty’s Pancake + Steak House | 645 W. Broadway Street
- Frontier’s Pie | 460 w 4th S (Rexburg)
- Honorable mention Lucy’s Pizzaria (Pizza Pie, lol) | 2770 S. 25th East (…and if you must have a dessert to pay respect to the day, try their dessert calzones! The Snickers is to
What about you? Have you been ins-pie-red to celebrate on this most delicious of holidays?