261 Walnut Street
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Located on the first floor of the historic O.E. Bell Jr. High School in Idaho Falls, The Arugula Deli is another one of those iconic hole-in-the-walls that is somehow still unknown by some local residents! Even while it seems to be one of Idaho Falls’ best kept secrets, Arugula still knows how to pack the weekday lunch hour. If you decide to go (which you should!), don’t be surprised to find a large assortment of company. From local business people discussing contracts and mergers to grandparents treating grandkids to a birthday lunch…even the group of girlfriends catching up over their famous Brazilian lemonade!
Completely unassuming from the outside, the owners of this homegrown business promotes fresh rather than flash, and believe me-you are in for a treat. There seemed to be plenty of options for the gluten-free or low-carb diner, but no compromises have been made on flavor or variety.
Whether you are craving something light and tangy or savory and soulful, Arugula has you covered!
WHAT THE LOCALS KNOW– If you can, go early to beat the local business crowd, but if you can’t, don’t stress. They’re food is both fresh and fast, and waiting for a table will be worth the wait.
HOMETOWN FAVORITES: You really cannot find anything on the menu that isn’t completely fantastic, but here are the dishes that have us buzzing:
- -No matter what you do-don’t skip ordering the Cunape/Pao de Queijo (Bolivia/Brazil) Cheesy Bread. This is a unique treat that you just can’t find in Idaho Falls!
- -Guacamole Bruschetta
- -Any of the salads! (Try the cilantro-jalapeno dressing or the pina colada dressing!)
- -The Quinoa Salad and the California Quinoa Salad are unique to Arugula and if you haven’t fallen for this ancient grain….prepare yourself. It’s unbelievable.
- -If you make it over for dinner, try the home-made pastas with from-scratch marinara or alfredo sauce
- -Other popular dinner choices are the Steak Diane (nothing short of amazing) and the Chicken Francaise!
Happy dining East Idaho!